Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for six (6) Computer Website Support - Intermediate
to perform the following:
• Develop and fix web pages in both official languages for the Health Canada (HC) and Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) website, in accordance with relevant Government of Canada policies and standards (Standard on Web Accessibility, WCAG 2.0) - see http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/ws-nw/index-eng.asp.
• Assess websites or web pages against the WCAG 2.0 standards and record compliance results into a database used to track the Agency's web inventory and compliance with the Government of Canada's new Standard on Accessibility.
• Assist the internal web team with removal of redundant, outdated and trivial web content.
• Participate and contribute in team meetings or discussions to resolve web accessibility compliance issues.
• Perform the majority of the work using current web development techniques, tools and languages (i.e. Dreamweaver, XHTML, PHP, CSS, W3C, Validators, etc).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have
• experience in the development and coding of Government of Canada public-facing Web pages or websites based on XHTML STRICT 1.0 and compliant with WCAG 1.0 or 2.0 Accessibility Standards (for 2 of the last 3 years)
• experience in assessing Web pages against Government of Canada accessibility standards for websites (WCAG 1.0 or WCAG 2.0), and implementing corrective actions (for 2 of the last 3 years)
• experience using all of the following softwares: Dreamweaver (Adobe CS 3 minimum), FTP software, and Adobe Acrobat (for 2 of the last 3 years).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “Enhanced reliability” upon submission of their resume
National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2013 indicating the reference number (J-2508-JEB) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.