Technical Architect- Senior
Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for a Technical Architect- Senior. The tasks to be performed are:
• Review current CNSC environment to get familiar with existing hardware and software that will need to be verified for compatibility against the new Windows 7 baseline image;
• Develop new baseline image using Windows Deployment Service and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
• Ensure new baseline image contains all standard baseline applications, ie. Windows 7, Office 2010, e-Access, etc.
• Document new baseline image including all configuration settings;
• Create/perform testing of the new image against various hardware platforms;
• Create/perform testing of CNSC's applications against new image.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate must demonstrate that he/she has:
• At least ten (10) years experience managing and supporting workstations in a networked environment (of at least 800 workstations).
• At least three (3) years experience designing, customizing and deploying workstation images for enterprise deployments using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Deployment Services (WDS) with Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) integration.
• At least three (3) years experience working with driver injection-based deployment systems designed to eliminate the need for separate images for each PC/laptop model.
• At least three (3) years experience addressing and troubleshooting application compatibility issues, including baseline (in-image) and non-baseline (installed post-image) applications in an enterprise environment containing a mix of standard and legacy software applications.
• Customer Reference Contact Information required for the last 3 projects
• Experience deploying Microsoft Windows 7 and Office Professional 2007 or 2010.
• Experience with using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) version 2007 or greater to deploy windows images.
• Experience in troubleshooting and identifying requirements for Group Policy Objects (GPO's) in Active Directory (AD) 2008.
• Experience with command line scripting to automate post imaging task sequences.
• Experience writing technical documentation, process and procedures.
• Experience managing workstation images through the use of version control.
• Experience working with Change Management Processes.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “SECRET” upon submission of their resume
National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2013 indicating the reference number (J-2607) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.