Help Desk Specialist (Level-1)
Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced Help Desk Specialist (Level-1)
The proposed resource must have:
• Two (2) years experience, within the past 6 years, with hardware and software support and troubleshooting in a Windows based LAN environment.
• Two (2) years experience, within the past 6 years, coaching and advising users in the use of commercial software.
• Two (2) years experience, within the past 6 years, answering, troubleshooting and logging trouble calls from clients regarding computer software or, hardware or network support.
• One (1) year experience, within the past 6 years, using Remedy or other problem tracking/asset management software.
• One (1) year experience, within the past 6 years, supporting a large network with greater than 500 workstations at more than one (1) location
• One (1) year experience, within the past 6 years, supporting a government classified network at the secret level.
• One (1) years experience, within the past 6 years, using desktop remote access software. (IE Remote assistance and Remote Desktop)
• Completed two (2) years of post-secondary education in a computer Science or an IT related field from a recognized post-secondary institution (vendor specific certification will not be accepted, ie, CCNA, MCSE).
• Experience supporting office automation tools in Microsoft products. (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook)
• Experience with BlackBerry configuration, troubleshooting and support.
• Successfully completed tasks in an IM/IT related assignment, within the past 6 years, within a Government of Canada department/agency.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “ SECRET” upon submission of their resume
Throughout the National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2013 indicating the reference number (J- BD4) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.