Promaxis Systems Inc. has a requirement for a Senior Technology Architect
If you have the following qualifications, we are very interested in talking with you about this opportunity;
The Applications group requires the services of a Technology Architect, Level 3, to guide the development and integration of the tools required to transform the Translation Bureau's delivery of translation services.
The Architect will design and guide the integration of enterprise data, workflows and technical services into the translation tools and contribute to the design changes required to modernize the existing systems.
The Technology Architect - Level 3 responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following tasks and deliverables:
1. Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies for the delivery of:
• Web Services;
• Translation Productivity Tools;
• Enhancements to existing systems;
• An Enterprise Authentication Solution.
2. Analyze and evaluate existing commercial and open source translation tools for potential integration in translation workflow solutions;
3. Review systems and infrastructure designs to ensure adherence to standards and to recommend performance improvements;
4. Coach, mentor and assist the technical support teams in properly applying the new frameworks and infrastructure.
The Technology Architect will perform his/her responsibilities in the Translation Bureau's technical environment, which includes:
• Linux, Windows 2000/2008
• Okapi Framework
• Oracle 11g (including Oracle Text)
• Java JDK 1.5+
• Junit, Jmeter
• Apache Tomcat 5, 6 & 7
• Apache CFX
• Weblogic 9.2
• Spring 3.0
• JAXB, StAX
• Source Code Version Control (CVS)
• Ant, Maven, Nexus
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of 10 years experience within the last 15 years performing the following activities:
• Develop technical architectures, frameworks and strategies to meet business and application requirements.
• Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
• Provide support to applications and technical support teams in the proper application of existing infrastructure.
The bidder must demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of 3 years experience within the last 7 years architecting* web applications written in JAVA.
The bidder must demonstrate that the proposed resource has a minimum of 3 years experience within the last 5 years architecting* the integration of 3 or more systems that use common code or components, common data sources and application interactions via web services.
*Architecting is defined as conceptualizing, designing and executing the structure and functionality of a system.
SECURITY: Enhanced Reliability
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format. Please indicate the reference number in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
Closing date: December 3, 2012
(Please Note that this position may have been filled prior to the closing date. Applicants may call to confirm if the position is still available. However, as we receive these requests on an on-going basis we will be accepting resumes for future opportunities).