Advanced Technical Writer
Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced Advanced Technical Writer to perform the following tasks:
• Determine documentation requirements and make provisions for providing them Creating drafts manuals, user guides or other documents;
• Assess the audience for the writing of these documents and ability to design, implement and publish standardized documents;
• Develop a table of contents for each manual and write or edit the required contents;
• Write hard copy and online (SharePoint) directorate guideline, policy and infrastructure documents, specific procedures to be followed and also include personal and directorate responsibilities
• Write Life Cycle Materiel Managers (LCMM) handbook including reference document, guidelines, procedures, directorate policies, terminology and other necessary information
• Review, update, validate and compile documentation pertaining to Life Cycle Materiel Managers (LCMM) handbook including reference document, guidelines, procedures, directorate policies, terminology and other necessary information
• Create template and establish formatting and styles for quick reference guides, statement of work (Sows), Statement of requirement (Sor’s) and other documents to be create by LCMMs including training help and instruction.
• Write operating procedure (SOP) manuals and online for various LCMM tasks like, as example, the creation of new NSN and ERN, specific requirements/task to be perform in various software by LCMMs
• Rewrite existing SOPs, documentations to reflect/conform the newly standard
• Provide documentation of help text, user manuals, technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) using DND’s standard templates;
• Need to gather the information by meeting/calling or interviewing on-site and with other department subject matter experts (SME) to validated procedures, policies, manuals and documentations to make sure all documentation produces meet the department requirements
• Create PowerPoint presentation for new Employee
• Gathered Technical information to update, re-write, or write new SOWs and SORs as need.
• Reviewing and analysing specifications, notes, drawings and other technical resources
• Interviewing and meeting with stakeholders to gather further information or for clarification purposes;
• Performing additional research
• Participating in interviews with stakeholders
• Making changes to documents as marked after review by editors or other senior technical writers
• Give presentations and training to old and new employees
The proposed resource must have a:
• Three (3) years combined experience within the last five (5) years in reviewing, updating, validating and compiling documentation pertaining to lifecycle, system management and support services.
• Three (3) years combined experience within the last five (5) years in preparation of technical documentation, lifecycle management documentation and organization policies.
• Three (3) years combined experience within the last five (5) years communicating and liaising with technical expert teams and other subject matter experts for the purpose of gathering and validating information.
• Three (3) years combined experience within the last ten (5) years in writing for the federal government
• Three (3) years experience using Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in one on one and classroom training
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “ SECRET” upon submission of their resume
Throughout the National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2013 indicating the reference number (J- JKV-2681) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.