Intermediate Database Administrator
Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for an experienced Intermediate Database Administrator.
The services of a Database Administrator for the Database Services group will include installing, maintaining and supporting all DBS SQLServer platforms. This can include Powershell scripting in order to automate tasks, documenting instructions, configuring Redgate SQLMonitor, configuring backups via Commvault and TSM, hardening DB security, and making technical and procedural recommendations and enhancements.
The SSC Database Services Manager will ensure that the Database Administrator has full access to relevant resources and documentation for the project.
The proposed resource must have:
• The proposed resource must demonstrate extensive* experience as a DBA with SQLServer version 2012, 2008, and/or 2005.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate extensive* experience with Windows Server OS.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate extensive* experience, defining, creating, installing, securing, maintaining and upgrading database structures.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate extensive* experience troubleshooting production SQLServer RDBMS.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate significant** experience scripting in Windows OS (e.g. Powershell, Transact-SQL).
• The proposed resource must demonstrate significant** experience identifying performance challenges and implementing performance improvement and functional requirement strategies.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate significant** experience with documentation including, but not limited to: database installation, maintenance, support, specification, architecture, build, backup/ restore procedures.
• The proposed resource must demonstrate extensive* experience co-ordinating operational RDBMS DDL/DML, availability, backup/restore, disaster recovery, security policies and procedures.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “SECRET” upon submission of their resume
Throughout the National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to email@example.com by July 8, 2013 indicating the reference number (J- 13011) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.