Promaxis Systems Inc. is a locally owned professional services company that has been providing Technical and IT Consulting Services to federal, provincial, and municipal governments as well as to private sector companies since 1971. A highly skilled and dedicated workforce has built our foundation. We continually strive to provide a challenging and rewarding work environment resulting in growth and stability; benefiting our customers, employees, and shareholders. We are proud to have developed a reputation for conducting our business in a professional and ethical manner, while satisfying our customers with high-quality deliverables and services.
Our Federal Government client is looking for a Java Developer - Intermediate
to perform the following tasks:
• The successful candidate will become part of an existing team of developers, responsible to deliver modifications to the Assisted Housing Programs System (AHPS). This system runs on Websphere with a web browser interface.
• The system uses DB2 UDB for its database. Programming is required for the user interface of the system as well as batch processing.
• The winning candidate will work closely with CMHC Assisted Housing clients, and will be responsible to work with other CMHC technical staff. The individual will also provide their experience in the design, analysis, coding, testing and documentation of all system changes.
• The programmer may work closely with clients, and will provide analysis, coding, testing and documentation services, including the preparation of software packages and instructions for migration to the production environment
• The candidate will interface with other IT Developers and IT Support groups to complete assignments. All deliverables must be completed according to CMHC standards and guidelines. CMHC will provide translation services for all project related deliverables.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 8 years experience in progressively responsible positions in IT;
• A minimum of 3 years experience coding in Java including J2EE;
• A minimum of 2 years experience coding in Java Server Faces, JQuery and Ajax
• A minimum of 2 years experience developing with JBoss Seam
• A minimum of 3 experience coding SQL to access a relational database is required, specifically DB2, UDB SQL is preferred, MS SQL Server Transact SQL is an asset. A knowledge of Hibernate and JDBC is required.
• candidates without a minimum of enhanced reliability clearance will not be considered.
• Knowledge of web-based/multi-user server applications;
• Knowledge of workflow services and rules services;
• Knowledge of, and experience in Java in the JBoss/Seam environment, including familiarity with Websphere architecture for a business solution;
• Knowledge Websphere would be considered significant assets;
• Experience using Eclipse IDE
• Experience using Apache Ant
• Experience using Maven
• Experience using JUnit
• Experience using XML/XSLT
• Knowledge of Jasper iReports
• Knowledge of Hudson
• Knowledge of Java Messaging (JMS)
• Demonstrated experience with a software development methodology
• Good analytical and technical skills;
• Experience developing within a SOA architecture;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience developing configurable workflow engines is an asset;
• Experience working in a high pressure situation;
• Experience interacting with users to obtain user requirements;
• Experience in the preparation of test plans, test data and system testing;
• Experience preparing technical documentation;
• Experience working in a team environment;
• Familiarity with application development lifecycle;
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “Enhanced reliability” upon submission of their resume
National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2013 indicating the reference number (J-JOD) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.